Time(s): 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Xcel Energy, in partnership with the Mountain Plains Minority Supplier Development Council, Colorado Women’s Chamber of Colorado, the Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce, the Women’s Business Enterprise Council West, the Asian Chamber of Commerce of Colorado, the Colorado LGBT Chamber of Commerce, the Rocky Mountain American Indian Chamber of Commerce, the National Veterans Business Development Council and the Opportunity Council of Denver, will be hosting a procurement fair for members of the minority, veteran, LGBTQ and women-owned business communities.
Parking: Free Parking is available onsite
Xcel Energy sourcing and purchasing teams will be available to network with suppliers regarding opportunities at Xcel Energy. The following categories will be represented: Boiler Systems; Cable and Wire; Chemicals, Gases and Lubes; Circuit Breakers; Construction Services; Consulting Services; Electrical Material and Equipment; Engineering Services; Environmental; Fleet; Gas Materials; HR and Benefits; IT and Telecom; Maintenance Services; Marketing; Meters; MRO Materials; Nuclear Maintenance Services; Property Services; Renewables (Battery, Solar, Wind); Safety; Steel Structures; Transformers; Transportation Services; Turbine and Generator Systems; Vegetation Management; Wood Poles.
Xcel Energy prime suppliers will be hosting tables to discuss subcontracting or indirect contracting opportunities. Xcel Energy prime suppliers that will be in attendance include:
- Border States is Xcel Energy’s logistics integrator partner. They are looking for diverse manufacturers (either electric or gas) that could be vetted through standards and ultimately added as approved sources. Logistics companies, staffing and recruiting companies, marketing companies and promotional companies are also encouraged to network with Border States.
- Ernst and Young (EY) partners with Xcel Energy for IT and Consulting Services, including initiatives around cybersecurity and customer experience transformation. Areas of opportunity with EY include Development Operations (such as Strategy Lead, Strategy Analyst, Platform Lead, and Platform Engineer) and Product Development (such as Product Manager, UI/UX Designer, Product Engineer, Business Analyst, and Technical Architect).
- Geometric Results, Inc. (GRI) is Xcel Energy’s MSP (Manage Service Provider) for our staff augmentation program. GRI will be available to talk with staffing companies about Xcel Energy’s staffing program, although no current opportunities are available.
- Mortenson Construction is Xcel Energy’s BOP (Balance of Plant) partner for wind farm builds throughout our service territories. Their wind energy procurement needs include aerial site inspections; anchor bolt supply; civil (access road construction, grading); commissioning execution and management; concrete supply; conveying; CPT-testing; drain-tile install; drainage and service trenches; drilling and grading; dumpsters; embed and template supply; EMT; EPC collection system, substation and transmission line; fencing; fire alarm, fire detection, firestopping; fuel supply; ground potential rise analysis; IT structured cabling; materials testing; MET tower, office trailer supply; operations and maintenance building; rebar install and supply; sanitation; short circuit, coordination and arc flash studies; site security; topography; tower wiring; water supply.
- Q3 Contracting provides construction services across Xcel Energy’s service territories. They are excited to connect with suppliers about opportunities in the following areas: hauling; hard surface restoration; soft surface restoration; rental equipment; vacuum excavation support; directional boring; traffic control; saw cutting; fuel, tools & safety equipment; work area protection; equipment purchase & repair; office equipment & supplies; and cleaning/janitorial.
- Vestas is Xcel Energy’s wind turbine manufacturer and wind park service partner. They are looking forward to connecting with local suppliers providing, but not limited to, janitorial; maintenance; weed abatement; snow removal; transportation; crane lifting services, high and medium voltage technicians, and rental equipment. Additionally, they are always looking for partners for construction and service, tooling (hand, hydraulic, lifting), safety equipment, consumables, and office products.
- POWER Engineers, Inc. provides Substation and Transmission Engineering Design services to all OPCO’s across Xcel Energy. They are looking for suppliers in the following areas: Engineering design to include transmission, substation, and protection & controls. Civil / Structural engineering. Drafting to include AutoCAD and MicroStation Users. Surveying / LiDAR. Environmental Remediation. Traffic Engineering.
- Ulteig Engineering provides Substation and Transmission Engineering Design services to all OPCO’s across Xcel Energy. They are excited to connect with suppliers about opportunities in the following areas: substation engineering and design including protection & controls, communications, physical, distribution design, electrical system planning and studies at the transmission and distribution levels.
- HDR Engineering provides Substation and Transmission Engineering Design services to all OPCO’s across Xcel Energy. HDR also has a direct contract with Xcel Energy to provide Environmental Engineering Services. Opportunities include: Cultural, Paleo, Bio (various specialty disciplines), Survey, Geotech, Steam Restoration, and Reclamation.
- CB Technologies is a national IT systems integrator providing Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions for the Utilities industry. Uses cases include: Predictive Maintenance & Advanced Analytics, Video as a Sensor, Worker Safety & Security, Connected Worker, and Asset Integrity. CBT will be showcasing their Worker Safety and Connected Worker solutions with live demonstrations of this technology.